Please read our response to 'an article on Jalyukt Shivar Abhiyan (JSA)' is published in the 'Economic and Political Weekly/ issue (Vol. 54, Issue No. 29, 20 Jul, 2019) at the following link. In 2015, the Government of Maharashtra launched the JSA, with the aim of making 25,000 villages in Maharashtra drought-free.
WOTR’s team can undertake detailed studies using GIS and RS technologies:
1. Impact Assessment/ Evaluation of Watershed Projects
Individual plot level analyses of a watershed: assessment of landuse changes, soil properties, groundwater level and water spread area, common property resources, etc.
2. Periodic monitoring of Watershed projects during implementation:
- Soil properties for selected plots
- Crop changes of selected plots where major changes are expected
- Well mapping and seasonal water level monitoringÂ
- Common Property Resources / Plantation / Vegetatiion cover mapping
3. Crop Mapping and Monitoring
- Crop growth monitoring
- Farm-wise actual crop production
- Area under particular crop
- Fertilizers used for particular crop in a plot
- Season-wise crop variations
4. Mapping of Watershed projects for Detailed Project Reports /Feasibility Study Reports:
Generating various georeferenced maps, mandatory for the different project proposals with thematic maps of:
- Land Capability Classes
- Proposed Land Use
- Soil Depth
- Soil Texture
- Phasing for implementation, etc.
For details contact:
Ajay Shelke – email@example.com