- Competencies & Services
- Contact Us
WOTR has a team of more than 180 people, many of them highly qualified and experienced who report to the Executive Director and commit themselves to leaving their footprints on the road of development and social transformation. These are people who bring to WOTR a diverse range of expertise in areas such as social sciences, watershed technology, finance, media, administration, research and so on.
WOTR is headed by its Executive Director, Dr. Marcella D’Souza. A physician by profession, she chose to give up a lucrative medical career in order to dedicate her life to serving the poor in rural India. Dr. Marcella D’Souza is an alumnus of the Government Medical College, Nagpur and a Takemi Fellow of the Harvard School of Public Health. Of the almost 3 decades of working in rural areas, six were spent on the mountains of Peru, South America. Here she organised a large-scale community-led, indigenous knowledge-based health care system across large areas of the South Andes. As a programme coordinator for women’s promotion, Dr. Marcella was responsible for developing the pedagogy for empowering women through self help group formation and federations at the village level, as well as mainstreaming women into the decision-making structures of the village.
- Watershed Development with a “Climate Change Adaptation” Angle: an Orientation & Exposure on July 9, 2013
- Training in Technical Aspects of Watershed & Ecosystems Management on July 31, 2013
- A Visual Integrator Planning for development in a Climate Change Adaptation Context on August 20, 2013
- Ecosystem-based Disaster Risk Reduction on September 24, 2013
- Assessing Vulnerability to Climate Change for Development Planning on October 22, 2013